Anthony R. Riccio
Anthony Riccio is an experienced trial lawyer and one of the best young attorneys in Massachusetts. He has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers five consecutive years (2016-2020); a distinction awarded to only 2.5 % of attorneys in the state. Anthony has been lead counsel in over 50 trials, including 35+ jury trials with a nearly 85% acquittal rate as defense counsel.
Before opening Riccio Law in 2015, Anthony worked at a Boston law firm defending personal injury & wrongful death claims. Previously, Anthony worked for the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases ranging from OUI/DUI/DWI (“drunk driving”) and drug possession to allegations of sexual assault. Anthony’s past experience allows him to anticipate how the opposing side will prosecute a criminal case or defend a personal injury claim and he uses that knowledge to his client’s advantage.
Outside of work, Anthony is an avid sports fan. He enjoys golfing and regularly attends Providence College men’s basketball games as a season ticket holder.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 2007
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2016
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2011
- Best DUI Lawyers in Boston by Expertise (2019, 2020)
- Rising Stars (criminal defense), Super Lawyers (2016-2020)
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Bristol County Bar Association
Member: 2012 – present
Board Member, 2013-2014: Young Lawyers Division (Attleboro area representative)
- Attleboro Area Bar Association
Member: 2016 – present
- Wrentham Developmental Center: Human Rights Committee (HRC)
Member: 2018 – present